Thursday, July 25, 2013

…moving right along and an unexpected new project

Hi there!  It’s been a while since I checked in.  I’m plugging away at project paint the subfloor.  Things are happening, but not too much to show for it just yet.

Nail holes filled.  Hall walls (mostly) painted.  Ran out of paint.  Oops.

Primed and put down the first coat of paint on the hall floors, but no peeking yet, it will take away the fun.  Let’s just say I took a risk in my color choice on the upstairs hall floor and I’m loving it!  That’s one of the perks of a temporary and inexpensive fix, you can go out of the safe zone because it’s only the cost of a can of paint on the line.

In other news, I’ve noticed a lot of peeling paint and a little water damage on the exterior of our house.  You know what that means…the project I didn’t plan on doing is coming my way.  This makes me glad I decided to wait on the hardwoods.  Another reason I chose the painted subfloor fix was because I was hoping to embark on that master bathroom.  But now that I see the exterior screaming at me for some TLC, it looks like the bathroom will wait.

Since I don’t have any pretty pictures of my progress, except for wood putty all over my stairs, I’ll share the direction I hope to take on our exterior.  I’m thinking gray with crisp, white contrasting trim work. 

I love the look of a weathered gray.

cape cod house

Miki Duisterhof {Country Living}

But I also love the contrast of this one.  Not sure if I’m brave enough to go that dark.  

via houzz

On the other hand, I also love a white home with crisp black shutters.  My friend painted her home that way and it’s got me adding white into the decision mix.

It freaks me out to decide because once you do it, there’s kind of no turning back, ya know.  Of course I’ve been pinning away for ideas and inspiration.  If you want to follow along with my decision making process, come take a peek at my board.  Who knows, I might completely change direction and go for neon green tomorrow.  Not really.

I hope to be back in a week with hallway floor pictures.  My sister and brother-in-law and their two kiddos are visiting from Texas so I’ll be taking a break for a bit.  Have a great weekend and week!

…Kim

2 comments:

  1. If you do decide to go with the dark colour, make sure your air conditioner is sized to take on the increased heat load you'll have in the summer. It will make a considerable difference if your house is so dark! (My hubby does a/c installs and looking at colour of roofing and siding is all a part of the a/c equation!) I think both of the samples are gorgeous! I can't wait to see what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoy the break and visit with your family Kim - can't wait to see what you decide. I love that unique dark paint!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...