Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Brownie Cupcakes

Seriously, how did I not think of this before?  Stores sell brownie bite cupcakes.  They were in front of me the whole time.  Remember when I did the post on my woes of brownie making and how I discovered ways to cut brownies without mangling them?  Well, shoot, I didn’t need to cut them after all.

My daughter is the one who thought of it.  She said, “Mom, I kind of want brownies, but I kind of want cupcakes for my class treat.  Maybe you can do brownie cupcakes?”  Holy Moses!  Genius. 

IMG_5908

IMG_5909

I ran a search on Pinterest to investigate baking time/temperature.  Most I found were homemade recipes, so I went directly to Betty Crocker to get the lowdown because I’m an out-of-the-box baker.  Easy as one, two, three.

  1. Preheat oven to 350.  Follow directions on box.  Use ice cream scoop to fill cupcake liners 3/4 full.  Betty Crocker recommended 2 level tablespoonsful of batter.  I may have done too much because I needed a box per 12 cupcakes and they say a box should make 24.  Hmmm???  Weird cause they didn’t overflow, they came just to the top of the liner.  Just a tip, you may want to buy more than one box to be sure.
  2. Bake 18-22 minutes.  Cool in pan 20 minutes.
  3. Dust powdered sugar over top to make them nice and pretty.

Boom, that’s it!

My daughter said they were great.  However, the top was kind of hard and crunchy, but the middle was nice and soft.  Could be a baker’s error.  As I’ve mentioned before, I’m not really a baker.  Have you made brownie cupcakes before?  If so, any tips on the hard and crunchy thing or is that just the nature of the beast?  Let me know.  Thanks!

Have a great one!

- Kim

1 comment:

  1. Oh my gosh, I've never thought of it either! Yours look like regular size muffins, I might try mini muffin cups. Kudos to your kiddo! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...