Friday, March 8, 2013

two pins: Freshen the Bathroom + A Great Quote

I’m not a huge fan of off-the-shelf room deodorizers.  I haven’t researched it, but I’m willing to bet it’s a bunch of chemicals that are making the room smell good.  How can that be good for us?  I may contradict myself a bit because I do use candles that may or may not be laced with chemically induced smells.  I guess we all have our things that we pick to be “the thing” we don’t do whether it’s in line with everything else we do or not.  (sorry for that run on sentence)  Anyhow, the point….

On pinterest this week, I found a clever idea from A Mum N' the Oven.  Simply add a couple drops of essential oil to the inside of your toilet paper roll.  Genius.

IMG_5535

Easy enough. I had the supplies, so I gave it a try. The results – fabuloso!

IMG_5536

Bonus, when the roll is empty, throw it in the car.  As I’m sure many of you know, sometimes cars get a mysterious, funky smell…especially when you cart around little people. 

And this pin led me to a free printable from Barb at Second Chance to Dream.  Lately, this quote has been speaking to me.

The waves keep coming, but we are surfing the best we can.  Although, a booze cruise sounds much better than surfing right now.  Oops, did I just say that out loud? Winking smile

Have a great weekend!

- Kim

1 comment:

  1. hi, kim! Interesting idea. I'm curious how long the good smell lingers. Great quote!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...