Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Old Family Cheesecake Recipe

I loooove this cheesecake!  I really wish I had some right now.  This is one of the recipes I dug out during the holidays from back in the olden days when I was growing up.  I already shared the stained glass candy we made on our family holiday weekend, but forgot to share this.  I love it so much, I had it for breakfast three days in a row.  Did I just say, (err, type) that out loud?  Oh well.  It’s true.  I did.  And I loved every sinful second of it.

I just pulled the recipe out again for my sis.  She’s making it for her sister-in-law’s birthday, but she’s putting a sweet, little twist on it.  She’s making them in teeny, tiny mason jars.  Too, too cute.  Since I have the recipe out, I’ll let you in on the goodness.

IMG_4863

Aunt Helen’s Cheesecake                             

What You Need:

  • 1 prepared graham cracker crust
  • 16 oz. container of sour cream
  • 8 oz. cream cheese
  • 2 eggs
  • granulated sugar
  • vanilla extract

What You Do:

  • Preheat oven to 375.
  • Whip 1 cup sour cream + 8 oz cream cheese.
  • In separate bowl, beat 2 eggs lightly and add ½ cup granulated sugar + ½ t vanilla.  Stir mixture.
  • Add cream cheese/sour cream mixture to eggs and sugar.
  • Stir & blend.
  • Pour into crust.
  • Bake 25 min. @ 375.
  • Cool.
  • Beat 1 cup sour cream, 2 tbsp. granulated sugar, ½ t vanilla.
  • Spread on cool cake.
  • Refrigerate 24 hrs.

IMG_4864

Now dive into that goodness!

I’ll make sure to share my sister’s tips for making them in the tiny mason jars.  She made me some flourless chocolate cake in the tiny mason jars for my birthday too.  I think we’ll have to have a guest post from Chef Jackie and her mason jar creations soon.

8 comments:

  1. This looks delicious! I love cheesecake but never try to make it at home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to delete my coment because I see you already told them they can be made in mason jars. They can be made in 4 or 8 ounce jars you just have to make your own crust. I use the recipe on the side of the graham cracker crumb box. I am going to make half with the sour cream topping and half with caramel topping.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like it couldn't be easier...just my kind of cheesecake! I'd like to try this one soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is the SAME recipe I have that my grandma used to make. So so so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I just made this waiting 24 hours in fridge to eat. looks yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just made this waiting 24 hours in fridge to eat looks and smells yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...