Sunday, December 30, 2012

Word Up

Yikes!  I just looked back at my 2012 To Do List and realized that my 2013 list will look just about the same.  I started to get a bit down on myself, but then I realized, maybe I didn’t tackle that list, but I did do a bunch of other things.  I guess I made up a new list along the way and didn’t know it. 

And sure, I didn’t really conquer my word for the year either.  MAINTAIN.  Hmmm.  Nope, not so much.  But whatever.  You know what, I gained something else instead.  Looking back at last year, the word really should have been AWARENESS.  I definitely became more AWARE of my actions, so that is progress.  And really, that’s the point.  Moving forward and making progress. 

This year, I’ve decided not to bother including organization, exercise or eating healthy as a part of my “word” because it’s always there hovering over me.  Haunting me.  I know it.  I’m messy and need to exercise more.  It’s my weakness.  I don’t really think I need to write it down to remind myself.  So my word for 2013 is…

SAVOR

EMBRACE

CHERISH

Okay, so that’s three words, but they all encompass the same kind of thing.  To be in the moment, enjoy it to the fullest.  Last year, there were several things that continually reminded me to zone in on the little things.  Some things were happening to me personally, some to close friends and some to people I don’t even know in the world around me. 

It was like someone constantly tapping on my shoulder saying, “Hello…life is too short and too quick.  Look around and be present in the present.”  And within this last month, our entire nation was feeling this way.  As cliché as it is, my kids are growing so fast, it’s wacko, crazy and scary and that also means I’m only getting older (big 4-0 coming up) and my parents are too.  I want to eat up every moment.

Do you have a word for 2013?

PS – I was going to do a top ten posts of 2012, but they are listed on the right side bar all year round.  If you haven’t before, I’d love it if you took a peek!

1 comment:

  1. I chose a word for the year for the first time this year and it's REACH. Good luck with the to-do list.

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...