Sunday, October 7, 2012

{FOCUS FRENZY} Day 7: Half There

Do you ever feel like your life is just moving forward, but you are only half there?  So busy doing, but not really living.  Just going through the motions – not fully listening or looking.

We all do this at least once in a while.  Our nose in a smart phone, ipad, laptop, tv…whatever it may be.  Trying to juggle too much at once.  This is the age of mega multi-tasking.  Sometimes I feel like I’m missing the mini moments because they are lost by my lack of presence.

Since my son started middle school, it’s kind of been a wake up call to me.  I’m trying to embrace every second and get my real listening ears back on.  Not just the “uh-uh” nodding my head listening.  Actually stopping and sitting down.  Looking right into my kids’ eyes and truly listening. 

It’s always the little things that make life enjoyable or even little things that add up to make life go the other way. They are too important to miss, but so easy to miss.

Our over-accessibility is making us inaccessible.

Honestly, it scares me.

Time to pay attention.

Stop.  Look.  Listen.

With your whole self.

Be present in the present.

In the wise words of Ferris Bueller…

“Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

                                                                                 

-focus-

Be present in the present.

                                                                                                                  

 May your Sunday be full of  the little things that make you whole.

-Kim

clip_image001

Check out the rest of this series here.

Check the sidebar to follow along your favorite way.

1 comment:

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...