Friday, August 10, 2012

Going for the Gold

It’s not the Olympics that’s got me thinking about going for the gold.  This idea’s been dancing around my head for a while.  I’ve kind of caught the vintage brass bug.  We aren’t talking about the builder’s grade, shiny brass from way back when here.  It’s more of a brushed, vintage feeling.  Softer.  Warmer.  I’m lovin it BIG time.

Recently, I’ve seen a few posts that have reignited the fire in me to make this happen in my home.  These brass cornered frames stopped me in my tracks.  Check them out at My Fifth House and A Thoughtful Place

brass corner frame

My mantel is screaming for this gold LOVE art from Made By Girl.

made by girl love art

I just got this table from my friend looking to purge before she moved and it’s got that brass detailing on the corners that I’ve been seeing all over bloggy world.

IMG_3645

IMG_3646

A fresh coat of paint and this baby’s going to add some zippity do dah to my home.  Part of me really wants to do a pop of color, but the colors I’m thinking of don’t really work in my space.  So white it is.  And I do love a crisp piece of white furniture every time.  Hopefully it’s neutral color will move along with my ever changing ideas so I won’t need to repaint it again… at least for a while.

These candle holders may get a brassy makeover.

IMG_3647

And perhaps the changing table I still have will turn into a bar cart after all…perhaps a gold one?  Then again, I don’t want to go overboard on what may be a quickly passing love of all things gold and brass.

My family room is up for a bit of refreshing so you may be seeing some gold moments coming to life there.  However, by the time I get to it, I may be on to another obsession.  We’ll see…. I’ll keep you posted.

Have a fantastic weekend!

Kim

1 comment:

  1. I bet this will look great once you refinish it! I'm stopping by from the Get Social Sunday party. I am now following your blog via GFC. I'd love for you to stop by my blog when you get a chance. :)

    Julie
    www.jamscorner.com

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...