Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Packing: The Burrito Technique

Recently, I’ve started using what I call the burrito technique to pack for trips.  It allows us to see all our outfits for the week easily and know what we have and haven’t worn.  If it’s still in a burrito, then it’s clean.  Here’s what I do:

STEP 1:  Lay out the shirt

IMG_3564

 

STEP 2:  Lay the shorts on top

IMG_3565

Add underwear and socks if you like.

I keep socks and undies in mesh lingerie bags instead.  If it’s in the mesh bag, then it’s clean if it’s not, then dirty, which is nice to knowSmile.

(FYI: For pants, I do the opposite.  First pants, then shirt.  Roll shirt inside pants.)

.

STEP 3:  Fold the sides in.

IMG_3566

 

STEP 4:  Roll your burrito.

IMG_3567

This has been so helpful for the boys to keep track of their stuff on vacation and especially for Jake going to sleepover summer camp.

IMG_3568

IMG_3571  IMG_3573

  IMG_3576

My daughter has her own way of doing things and wants no part of the burritos, but then again, she doesn’t need it.  She is well aware of which outfit is which.  The boys not so much.

I’ve even started to do my own packing like this, but I don’t do it by outfit.  I roll each shirt into a burrito.  It helps me to visually see what I’ve got easily instead of rummaging through a pile of clothes.  It works so well, I think I’m going to use this method in my drawers too.

What’s your favorite packing tip?

2 comments:

  1. Hi! Visiting from tt&j. Oh wow! I have never seen this before! We are going on vacation next week and this is going to come in handy! Thank you so much for the tip!

    If you get a chance I would love for you to share this (and any other awesome post you have) at my Friday link party!
    http://www.thegrantlife.com/2012/08/financial-friday-fabulous-features.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for linking up Kim! You were one of the most viewed links.. Im going to feature this Thursday at 7pm :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...