Friday, July 20, 2012

Flameless Campfire Craft: Using Your Resources

Here’s a cute little craft project perfect for summertime or scout groups.  My nephew’s scout group did this for his blue and gold banquet.  They needed to make a centerpiece using the theme "resources".   So they used natural resources like rocks and sticks and recycled resources like the can and the tissue paper.  The adults put holes in the cans for light to shine through… 

fire can

…and the boys made the faux campfires on top.

fire can

They used battery operated candles under the can to shine light through the holes.

Clever and very resourceful!

fire can

I think they nailed their theme of RESOURCES.

Thanks to my sis, Jackie at Prep Like a Chef for passing along the idea and photos from my nephew’s scout group!

Have a fabulous weekend!

Kim

4 comments:

  1. Love love love this idea! Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome! :) Thanks for leaving a comment, it truly makes my day every time!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a cute idea for kiddos to try!

    Visiting via the Pomp Party Hop :)

    Sarah
    http://acatlikecuriosity.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a cute idea! We are going camping in two weeks and due to the drought we can't have a campfire. Now I can take one with me! Thanks for sharing at the Pomp Party! Pinning to our Pomp Party board!

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...