Monday, June 25, 2012

Garbage Can Facelift

About a year and a half ago, my daughter declared she was done with the princess phase.  I was in slight denial at first and stashed all the princess dresses down in the basement thinking she was just falling prey to peer pressure at school.  Yeah, I know, peer pressure in first grade, whaaat?  Anyhow, it was true.  She dropped the princesses cold turkey.  So a year and a half later, I’ve come to terms with it and asked her if she would like a new garbage can to replace her Disney Princess garbage can.  She gave me a resounding, “Yes!”

So here’s what I did.  Grabbed this white garbage can from the bathroom section at Target for $10.

IMG_2977

It’s fine the way it is, but I thought we’d jazz it up a bit.  Grabbed my new favorite thing…you guessed it, washi tape and gave it a pop of color.

Ta-da!

IMG_3015

And guess what…she doesn’t like it.  Not colorful enough, she says!  Some people are so picky!  Thought I’d share it with you anyways because I thought it was another fun way to put that washi tape to use.  Back to square one.  I’ll let you know what we come up with.Smile

4 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have to get myself some of this tape. Lilly would love it. I hope to get to the summer calendar activity next week. Lilly will love that too....

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was very happy to find the tape at Target; 4 rolls for $4 - not bad and so many possiblities!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! It looks pretty simple - what a great idea. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...