Monday, April 16, 2012

Lollipops, A House, A Castle & Some Princesses

Birthday 3  The Lollipop Cake again.  When my daughter saw pics from her first birthday, she wanted the same cake

erins birthday

Birthday 4 - A House Cake?  Don’t ask me why.  I couldn’t figure it out then, but I just went with it since I actually found a cake mold in the shape of a house.  I seriously couldn’t believe it when I found it.  It’s one of those you can make into a haunted house or gingerbread house, but ours was just a house, just because she wanted a house cake.  She initially asked for a monster cake, which I thought would’ve been fun, but the house it was.

cottage cake

Birthday 5 – The Princess Party!  I could not resist these cute princess cakes from Kroger of all places!  We used these for a small lunch/playdate style party with three of her friends.

DSC00315

DSC00314

Belle was her favorite!

DSC00316

Here’s what you need:

  • princess CDs to jam in the background
  • fancy plastic goblets adorned with ribbon
  • pink and purple balloons afloat (pink and purple anything)
  • pink tablecloth
  • bows on the chairs (I cut down my tablecloth and used the extra pieces to create bows.)
  • lunch served on a fancy platter.  We used a three tiered platter with the usual kid fare – PB & J, grapes, strawberries and chicken tenders.

DSC00301

The Craft

IMG_2621

  • heart shaped frames to be decorated with paint, gems, and foam stickers
  • pretty beads and beads with letters for their names to make bracelets

The Frill

  • mani/pedis – a friend and I just painted their nails, didn’t bring out foot soaks or anything, but you could if you really want to get fancy
  • dusted them with fairy dust – found a sparkly powder at Target
  • a little lip balm

Goody Bags

  • nail polish
  • lip balm
  • wands
  • bracelet
  • rings
  • their decorated frames

For the family party, my sis made this fantastic castle cake!  Tinker Belle didn’t make it to this partySmile.  She made it to our bellies from the playdate party.

DSC00323

So that was birthday 3, 4 and 5.  Up next, 6, 7 and finally 8!

2 comments:

  1. It sounds like your little princess has the same interests as mine! I love your cakes (and the ones from Kroger too!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE every little detail!!! TOO stinkin cute!! ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...