Saturday, December 31, 2011

One Last New Year's Eve Idea

Okay, so this is really last minute, but I only just discovered this fun idea yesterday when I dropped my son to his friend's house.  His friend's mom was in the middle of this project when I walked in and I decided I had to do it too!  She was decorating plastic wine and champagne glasses for New Year's Eve.  I didn't have time to go grab the cups, but she was sweet enough to give me her left over glasses.  Thank you, Kristin!

You can choose whatever you want to decorate with.  My friend put little bells on the base which I thought was genius to shake at midnight.  I didn't have bells, but we decorated with pom-poms, gems, chipboard letters and glitter glue.  Oh, and of course, my new favorite tool, glue dots.  I will note that the glitter glue was coming right off this morning after it dried, so beware.  I'm sure there's a better option.  Also, did I mention I need photography lessons.  Please bear with my poor photos.


You can do fun and festive....



A little sophisticated...


Or a bit of both.


The kids and I had so much fun with this project and they turned out great!
(not sure if you can tell by my photos)
PS - you could always do this for a birthday party if you miss New Year's Eve.

And one last fun idea I discovered at 30 Handmade Days was a fun recap/goal sheet for us to do.  One is made for kids and one for adults.  Check it out if you have time.  There's always next year!


Happy New Year's, Everyone!
Be safe and have fun!
Kim



No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...