Friday, December 16, 2011

Oh, Christmas Tree

Oh, Christmas tree, oh, Christmas tree, thanks for getting me through my mornings.  School mornings are not the easiest around my house.  In fact, my husband teases me and says that getting my daughter ready for school is harder than any challenge he encounters at work.  Every night, a transformation occurs and unknown creatures emerge from my kids' rooms.  One creature is very loud and unruly and the other is very quiet and doesn't move much.  Actually, one child does emerge from his room every morning and that's my oldest.  He's my only morning child, actually, the only morning person in the entire house.

But, slowly, once food goes down and a bit of time passes, another transformation occurs and I start to recognize these creatures as my own lovable kids.  Yay!!  The past couple weeks, the thing that has gotten me through these morning battles with these unknown creatures is flipping on the Christmas tree lights.  In the midst of the morning battle, it gives me a moment of peace.  What am I going to do when that tree comes down?  I look forward to two whole weeks of anticlimactic mornings and holiday fun!  By then, I will look forward to the morning battles because the sibling battles will probably be on the rise after two weeks of good quality time.
 
Anyhow, moving on...tomorrow I can't wait to show you all the fun stuff we did for the little man's Winter Class Party!  They are fun things you can do any time throughout the winter for fun.

Happy Friday!
Kim

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...