Thursday, December 8, 2011

Gotta Love Galvanized Bins

Apparently I have a thing for galvanized bins.  They are everywhere in my house!
You can make them into anything you need...

toothbrush holders


chalk or pencil bins

 pots


 magazine holders (time to sort and recycle)


toy corral


dryer sheet holder in the laundry room


They're everywhere...above the cubbies, below the cubbies...

 

above the fridge...


in the pantry (YIKES! time to clean out pantry)



I also dump out one of the bigger bins for parties and throw ice and drinks in it.  There are actually two more bins I can think of that I forgot to photograph, but I think you get the idea. 

And now for my new favorite use of a galvanized bin.....
my Christmas tree stand!!!

 
I tried to do this last year, but the bin I bought was too small for our tree stand (don't worry, I kept it because you can always use an extra galvanized bin).  Years ago, I saw this idea in a magazine and loved it.  Inside the bin they had ornaments to cover the tree stand.  Looked great, but I didn't want to buy more ornaments, so I simply wrapped the tree stand in fun fabric.  My original plan was to use burlap, but I didn't get to the store, so I used fabric I had on hand.  I'm so excited about it.  Yes, these are the things that excite me!!!

Happy holiday decorating!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I'm so glad you stopped by for a slice of Plumberry Pie today! Your comments make my day, so comment away!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...